Creation Date

1899

Decade

1890

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings, Postcards

Preview

image preview

Description

The second courthouse located in Jacksonville, Alabama, was built in 1885. In 1899 after the county seat moved to Anniston, the State Normal School moved to the old courthouse until the school outgrew it and the old Calhoun College building was remodeled and enlarged. (circa 1899-1900)

Date Digitized

February 2022

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original printed photograph is contained within the International House miscellaneous collection housed in the Houston Cole Library Alabama Gallery.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/photocollection/intl_misc/master/annie_scrapbk_1883-1986_023_psedit.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 600 dpi. The file name is annie_scrapbk_1883-1986_023_psedit.tif; file size is 20.5 MB.

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings, Postcards

Share

 
COinS