Pictured: Michael Turner, Dee Bradbury Shaw, Chad Miller; Performed: 19-22 June 2008; Larry Shue's "The Foreigner" was set during early summer of 1984 at a fishing lodge resort in Georgia. Two Englishmen headed to the lodge for a vacation. Terribly shy Charlie, depressed about his wife's illness, is claimed to be a non-English speaking "foreigner" by Froggy. Lodge guests reveal secrets and Charlie discovers scandals amongst some residents. The director was Wayne H. Claeren, scenic designer was James Ebert, costume designer was Freddy Clements, lighting/sound designer/technical director was David Keefer, light and sound board operator was James Ebert, stage manager was JoAnne Whetstone, assistant stage manager was Kandance Ballew, box office and promotions, poster/program by Jan Rhodes, box office staff were Rebecca Kenney and Rachel Milner. This item is contained within the Theatre & Film Production Archive.
This performance was held in the Ernest Stone Performing Arts Center Theatre.
- Chris Whetstone -- "Froggy" LeSueur
- Chad Miller -- Charlie Baker
- Denise Bradbury-Shaw -- Betty Meeks
- Jarrod Cuthrell -- Rev. David Marshall Lee
- Heather Williams -- Catherine Simms
- Jerry Ballew -- Owen Musser
- Michael Wayne Turner -- Ellard Simms
- Katie Daniels, Russell Reeps, Dustin Stilwell, George Spelvin -- Townspeople
Is Part Of
The original items are located in the Library’s Alabama Gallery Special Collections.
Jacksonville State University, "The Foreigner (2008) | Image 006" (2008). Department of Theatre & Film Performance Archive | Images. 8412.