Performed: 15-18 February 1978; Pictured: Mary Ensley, Michael Calvert; Tennessee Williams' "Summer and Smoke" is an early 20th century tender story about love and desire in a small Mississippi town. The play was directed by Wayne Claeren, set and light design by Carlton Ward, and costumes by Regina Mathis. This item is contained within the Theatre & Film Production Archive.
This performance was held in the Self Cafeteria.
- Mary Ensley -- Alma Winemiller
- Michael Calvert -- Johnny Buchanan
- Douglas Moon -- Father of Johnny Buchanan
- Chip Richardson -- unknown
- T.J. Campbell -- unknown
- Melisa Rollins -- unknown
- Gloria J. Sosa -- unknown
- Dyanna Hollingsworth -- unknown
- Larry St. Clair -- unknown
- Denise E. Woolsey -- unknown
- Jeff Goodwin -- unknown
- Laura Delaine West -- unknown
- Harry S. Furst -- unknown
- Rick E. Tubbs -- unknown
Is Part Of
The original items are located in the Library’s Alabama Gallery Special Collections.
Jacksonville State University -- History, College students -- Alabama, Jacksonville State University -- Students, College and school drama
These materials are the property of Jacksonville State University and are intended for non-commercial use. They may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. The materials may not be altered in any way. Users of these materials are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jacksonville State University, "Summer and Smoke (1978) | Image 032" (1978). Department of Theatre & Film Performance Archive | Images. 341.