Performed: 19-23 October 1976; Pictured: Steve Tatum, Teresa Cheatham; The musical spoof of oldtime operettas, "Little Mary Sunshine," was cosponsored by the drama, music, and dance departments. The play was a story of the American frontier in which romance and adventure were discovered in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The play was directed by Wayne Claeren, the orchestra was conducted by Carl Anderson, vocal coaching by Dan Marsengill, choreography by Harriet Payne, set and light design by Carlton Ward. The stage manager was Don Pirch and assistant stage manager was Terry Campbell. This item is contained within the Theatre & Film Production Archive.
This performance was held in the Jacksonville High School Auditorium.
- Teresa Cheatham -- Little Mary Sunshine
- Steve Tatum -- Capt. "Big Jim" Warrington
- Anita Hurst -- Nancy Twinkle
- Lisa Jones -- opera singer
- Whit Davies -- Washington diplomat
- Robbie Mason -- Indian
- Harry Furst -- Indian
- Huey Hamilton -- Indian Fleetfoot
- Mike Scoggins -- Indian Yellow Feather
- Randy Arp, Chuck Frugoli, Dan Groce, Don Groce, Mike Meyer, Ken Shaw, Mark Smith, Marvin Williams -- Forest Rangers
- Windy Arrington, Cindy Braden, Claire DeVore, Judith Garvin, Teresa Hude, Kibble Mitchell, Kim Smith, Mimi Todd -- ladies of Eastchester Finishing School
Is Part Of
The original items are located in the Library’s Alabama Gallery Special Collections.
Jacksonville State University -- History, College students -- Alabama, Jacksonville State University -- Students, College and school drama, Musicals
These materials are the property of Jacksonville State University and are intended for non-commercial use. They may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. The materials may not be altered in any way. Users of these materials are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jacksonville State University, "Little Mary Sunshine (1976) | Image 010" (1976). Department of Theatre & Film Performance Archive | Images. 157.