Creation Date

1899

Decade

1890

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Preview

image preview

Description

Jacksonville's second courthouse is shown facing north. It was located near St. Luke's Episcopal Church. It became the home of the Normal School in 1899. The image is labeled, "The High School, Jacksonville, Ala." (circa 1899)

Date Digitized

March 2021

Rights

Access to this image was generously provided by Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library, which holds the original materials. JSU has been granted the non-exclusive right to digitize and use the digital images for any non-commercial, institutional, research or teaching purpose. All other uses require permission from the rightsholder, Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library (108 East 10th St, Anniston, AL 36201 | 256.237.8501). Those seeking usage rights or photographic prints may contact Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library or digitalcommons@jsu.edu for more information.

Location

The original photograph is housed with the Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library, as part of the Crow Collection, Box 28D.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/accpl/presentation/crowscrapbk1_006.tif

Technical Metadata

Digital images were created from original materials owned by Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library; photos were scanned at 300dpi.”

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Share

 
COinS