Creation Date

1908

Decade

1900

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Preview

image preview

Description

Hames Hall was named for Captain William M. Hames, President of the Board of Trustees of the Normal School for 18 years. In 1908 the building was remodeled and enlarged.

Date Digitized

August 2017

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original printed photograph is housed in the Houston Cole Library Alabama Gallery, Box 1, Item 78.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/psp/psp1900/psp1900_2/PSP1900schoolbuildings_00078.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is PSP1900schoolbuildings_00078.tif; file size is 6.9 MB. Original image is 8 by 10 on glossy photographic paper

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Share

 
COinS