Performed: 5-8 April 2001; James Leonard's "The Diviners" is the haunting story of a disturbed young man and his friendship with a disenchanted preacher. The show was the Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Dramatic Fraternity April scholarship fundraiser. The play was student directed by John Dodson, scenic designer was Devon Boodoian, costume designer was Fabio Pires, technical director was David Keefer, stage manager was Margaret Harviley, assistant stage manager was Salina Ledon, lighting designer was Jason Shaffer, sound designer was Lindsay Wheeler, lightboard operator was Danielle Schreiber, and soundboard operator was Adrienne Perry. This item is contained within the Theatre & Film Production Archive.
This performance was held in the Ernest Stone Performing Arts Center Theatre.
- Tim Prestridge -- Buddy Laymen
- Tanya Poore -- Jenny Mae Layman
- Clint LeRoy -- Ferris Layman
- Jeremy West -- C.C. Showers
- Casey Cox -- Norma Henshaw
- Nakia Cox -- Darlene Henshaw
- Mandy Carter -- Goldie Short
- Jason Bozeman -- Basil Bennett
- Michelle Johnson -- Luella Bennett
- Joe Fuselli -- Melvin Wilder
- Damien Cordle -- Dewey Maples
Is Part Of
The original items are located in the Library’s Alabama Gallery Special Collections.
Jacksonville State University, "The Diviners (2001) | Image 032" (2001). Department of Theatre & Film Performance Archive | Images. 6752.