Performed: 14-19 February 1985; Sandy Wilson's "The Boyfriend" was a parody of 1920s musicals. The play was directed by Wayne Claeren, scene and lighting by Carlton Ward, orchestra conducted by Carl Anderson, costumes by Douglas Stetz, choreography by Ross Perry, and stage manager and technical direction by Bob Upton. This item is contained within the Theatre & Film Production Archive.
This performance was held in the Ernest Stone Performing Arts Center Theatre.
- Amanda Bynum -- Polly Browne
- Eric Traynor -- Tony
- Sharon Wallace -- Madame Dubonnet
- Ross Perry -- Bobby
- Kristi Brown -- Maisie
- Kim Correll -- Dulcie
- Lisa Waugh
- Alice Turner
- Douglas Toman -- Lord Brockhurst
- Tara Bennett -- Hortense
- Greg Coleman -- Percival
- Javella Gray -- Orchestra (clarinet)
- Cynthia Jabaley -- Orchestra (clarinet)
- Ty Snider -- Orchestra (clarinet)
- Debra Anderson -- Orchestra (flute)
- Shelia Smith -- Orchestra (flute)
- Kim Stone -- Orchestra (flute)
- Cary Brague -- Orchestra (saxophone)
- Robin Christian -- Orchestra (saxophone)
- Neal Crawford -- Orchestra (saxophone)
- John Merriman -- Orchestra (trumpet)
- Richard Selby -- Orchestra (trumpet)
- Rick Sargent -- Orchestra (trombone)
- Don Bennett -- Orchestra (bass)
- Chris Moore -- Orchestra (percussion)
- Rick Robertson -- Orchestra (piano)
Is Part Of
The original items are located in the Library’s Alabama Gallery Special Collections.
Jacksonville State University -- History, College students -- Alabama, Jacksonville State University -- Students, College and school drama, Musicals
These materials are the property of Jacksonville State University and are intended for non-commercial use. They may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. The materials may not be altered in any way. Users of these materials are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact email@example.com.
Jacksonville State University, "The Boyfriend (1985) | Image 067" (1985). Department of Theatre & Film Performance Archive | Images. 1333.