Weatherly Hall, Dormitory for Women 2

Description

Weatherly Hall was the new women's dormitory in 1916-1917 at the State Normal School. It was ready for occupancy in the fall of 1916, but caught fire and burned that same year. It was rebuilt the next year, but was later taken down and replaced by a new Weatherly Hall. Weatherly Hall was named in honor of Miss Florence Weatherly, teacher of penmanship and typewriting, and secretary to President Daugette for 27 years. Shown is Weatherly Hall as it appears in the 1927 yearbook, The Teacoala.