Creation Date

1900

Decade

1900

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, Springs -- Alabama -- Calhoun County

Preview

image preview

Description

The Big Springs was located to the west of the Jacksonville square. In the 1830s the first houses of settlers were building on a hill above the Big Springs. In the early 1900s the springs had approximately 3,000,000 gallons of water flowing daily. (circa 1900)

Date Digitized

December 2015

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original negative is housed at JSU McClellan Technical Information Center, Binder 1, Sleeve 1A.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/psn/psn1900/PSN1900springs_0004.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is PSN1900springs_0004.tif; file size is 1 MB. Original image is 4 by 5 on celluloid diacetate/triacetate film stock

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, Springs -- Alabama -- Calhoun County

Share

 
COinS