Creation Date

1908

Decade

1900

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Preview

image preview

Description

Hames Hall, named for Captain William M. Hames, President of the Board of Trustees of the Normal School for 18 years, housed the Male Academy and the Calhoun College before becoming home to the State Normal School. With help from the town of Jacksonville the building was remodeled and enlarged in 1908. (circa 1908)

Date Digitized

December 2017

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original negative is housed at JSU McClellan Technical Information Center, Binder 1, Sleeve 1A.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/psn/psn1900/PSN1900schoolbuildings_0002.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is PSN1900schoolbuildings_0002.tif; file size is 1.4 MB. Original image is 4 by 5 on celluloid diacetate/triacetate film stock

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Share

 
COinS