Creation Date

3-18-1951

Decade

1950

Photographer

Opal R. Lovett

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, Jacksonville State College -- History, Dwellings, First Baptist Church (Jacksonville, Ala.)

Preview

image preview

Description

A new pastorium was built for the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville and opened in March 1951. The brick-veneer home was occupied by the Rev. John B. Johnson, his wife, and son. Shown are Rev. and Mrs. John B. Johnson inside their new home with son John B. Johnson, Jr. (circa March 18, 1951)

Date Digitized

September 2016

Names of Persons Pictured

John B. Johnson, Mrs. John B. Johnson, John B. Johnson, Jr.

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original negative is housed at JSU McClellan Technical Information Center, Binder 20, Sleeve 47.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/psn/psn1950/psn1950_16/PSN1950church_04787.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is PSN1950church_04787.tif; file size is 1.4 MB. Original image is 4 by 5 on celluloid diacetate/triacetate film stock

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, Jacksonville State College -- History, Dwellings, First Baptist Church (Jacksonville, Ala.)

Share

 
COinS