Jacksonville Female Academy

Description

The Female Academy was located at 202 South Church Street in Jacksonville, AL. It is now the home of Mrs. Fancher Adams. The Jacksonville Female Academy started with a single course taught by a Miss Thompson that was incorporated June 28, 1837 by the Alabama Legislature. The original was courtesy of C.W. Daugette, Jr. (circa 1868)