Creation Date

1923

Decade

1920

Photographer

unknown

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Preview

image preview

Description

Hames Hall, named for Captain William M. Hames, President of the Board of Trustees of the Normal School for 18 years, housed the Male Academy and the Calhoun College before becoming the Jacksonville State Normal School administration building. (circa 1923)

Date Digitized

August 2021

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original printed photograph is contained within the Jacksonville State bulletin collection housed in the Houston Cole Library Alabama Gallery.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/photocollection/catalogues_bulletins/master/anncmnt_1923jun_09_ps_edit.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is anncmnt_1923jun_09_ps_edit.tif; file size is 7 MB.

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- History, State Normal School (Jacksonville, Ala.) -- Buildings

Share

 
COinS