Creation Date

4-29-1949

Decade

1940; 1950

Photographer

Opal R. Lovett

Subject

Jacksonville State University -- History, Jacksonville State College -- History, Journalists

Preview

image preview

Description

Newspaper columnist Drew Pearson spoke at the dedication of the recently established International House at Jacksonville State. Shown he addresses guests at a formal banquet held April 29, 1949. Shown seated right is Henry E. Miller, a very generous donor and loyal friend of the International House Program.

Date Digitized

February 2016

Names of Persons Pictured

Drew Pearson, Henry Miller

Rights

This image is the property of Jacksonville State University and is intended for non-commercial use. Images may be copied for research, teaching, personal, or any fair use as defined by U.S. copyright law. Images may not be altered in any way. Users of these images are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University. For questions or further information about usage rights, please contact the Library’s Electronic Resources Department at (256) 782-8195.

Location

The original negative is housed at JSU McClellan Technical Information Center, Binder 7, Sleeve 2.

Identifier

http://jsucollections.jsu.edu:9000/rpc/cat/Imaging/photocollection/psn/psn1950/psn1950_5/PSN1950specialevents_01482.tif

Technical Metadata

Archival images are tiffs scanned from the original material at 300 dpi. The file name is PSN1950specialevents_01482.tif; file size is 1.4 MB. Original image is 4 by 5 on celluloid diacetate/triacetate film stock

Keywords

Jacksonville State University -- History, Jacksonville State College -- History, Journalists

Share

 
COinS