The Old Tavern in Jacksonville, AL, Left and Rear Views

Description

The Old Tavern, originally known as The Brick Tavern, in Jacksonville, AL was built in 1838 and situated on the northeast corner of the Square. From 1880s to 1920s the Crow family operated a dry goods store in the front of the building while the back of the building was used as a rooming house for State Normal School girls. HABS photo by W.N. Manning January 1935. (circa 1838)