Jacksonville State Teachers College Bibb Graves Hall and Entrance from Pelham Road 2

Description

The State Normal School became a four year institution in 1929 when the name also changed to Jacksonville State Teacher's College. The school acquired General Joseph Burke's estate that was located on a hill a mile from the old campus on the square. In 1930 Bibb Graves Hall was built for $300,000. (circa 1930)