Hames Hall after 1908 Remodel 3

Description

Hames Hall, named for Captain William M. Hames, President of the Board of Trustees of the Normal School for 18 years, housed the Male Academy and the Calhoun College before becoming home to the State Normal School. With help from the town of Jacksonville the building was remodeled and enlarged in 1908. (circa 1908)