International House Historical Film
International House Historical Film | 1953-1955
This reel is 10:11 minutes long and features:
- International students singing and folk dancing
- International students outside picnicking, skiing and boating on a lake, and swimming. The possible location is the lake house of Mr. and Mrs. Rudy A. Kemp. Rudy Kemp was a board member with the International Endowment Foundation.
- International students on a bus trip and boat ride upon the Queen Anne. This may be a trip to Decatur and surrounding areas in November of 1953, when the students presented a program at a meeting and Decatur High School and then were given a boat trip on the Tennessee River.
- International students in traditional cultural dress inside the original International House with President Houston Cole, in observance of United Nations Day, October 24, 1954
- Students attending a banquet and party
- Graduates in robes having their photos made by Opal R. Lovett, probably May 29, 1955
Florida Phillips, Yvonne Traylor, Mildred Fernandez, Rolanda Goetze, Randi Furseth, Hans Struth, Stitaya “Steve” Sirisinha, William Jackson, Katie Goulielmi, Virginia Voss, Benjamin Nodal, Nicole Noel, Mohammed Boutaleb, Luis Cuervo, Sergio Lerda-Olberg, Francoia Schyna, Charles Gary, Mary Lowery/Mary Lowrey, Lucille Branscomb, C.C. Dillon, Paul Arnold, Leon McCluer, Houston Cole, Mrs. Houston Cole/Martha Cole, R.K. Coffee, Opal R. Lovett
Is Part Of
The digital video files are housed in JSU Digital Commons; the original, severely deteriorated 16mm film reels were discarded after salvage and conversion efforts.
historical film, international students
These materials are the property of Jacksonville State University and are intended for personal, teaching, research, and other non-commercial use. Users are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University International House & Programs. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jones, James H., "International House Historical Film | 1953-1955" (1953). International House Historical Film. 4.