International House Historical Film
International House Historical Film | 1955-1957
This reel is 12:21 minutes long and features:
- International students singing, playing piano, and folk dancing at a program
- Students hosting guests and forming a receiving line inside the original International House
- Opal R. Lovett taking a photograph of the international cohort with President Houston Cole in his office inside Bibb Graves (now Angle) Hall
- Candid scenes inside the original International House with students listening to music, socializing with visitors, and dancing. Mrs. Hugh Spurlock of the American Federation of Women's Clubs is present
- Students visiting a farm to see cotton in the fields, being harvested, weighed, and baled
- A parade down Highway 21 (probably for Homecoming)
- International students posing for a photograph in traditional cultural costume in front of the original International House. This group portrait can be found in the 1957 Mimosa yearbook
- International students in traditional cultural costume at the annual tea inside the original International House, October 24, 1956
- Students boating (possibly near Decatur on the Tennessee River)
Marie Claire Bernard, Eui Sook Cho, Opal R. Lovett, Houston Cole, Jacqueline Verhaegen, Francisca Jofre, Francine Laloue, Katie Goulielmi Johnson, Aida Ferrarone, Sergio Lerda-Olberg, Hossein Ghaffari, Weyman Traylor, Isaac Goldfield, Miguel Valdes, Helen Smith, Rosalio Wences, Stitaya “Steve” Sirisinha, Tommy Boyd, Paul Frys, Humberto Godoy, Mohammed Boutaleb, Margaret Dewar, Rosalio Wences, Mrs. Edwin D. King, Mary Lowery/Lowrey, Mrs. W.S. Pollock, Harry M. Ayers, C.W. Daugette, Jr., Rowe Hudson, Valine Voss, Thelma Southern, Lyndol Bolton, Mary Ann Shelton, Anne Killingsworth, Lila Tommie, Bobby Kennedy, French Whitten, Dorothy Cole, Joyce Collins, Hans Struth, Shirley Childress, B.K. Walker, Gus Stefanu, Claire Prunet, Betty Alverson, Louise Stanton, Wilbur Lowery, Jaques Hermia, William Jackson, Nicole Noel, Nieves Franques
Is Part Of
The digital video files are housed in JSU Digital Commons; the original, severely deteriorated 16mm film reels were discarded after salvage and conversion efforts.
historical film, international students
These materials are the property of Jacksonville State University and are intended for personal, teaching, research, and other non-commercial use. Users are asked to acknowledge Jacksonville State University International House & Programs. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Jones, James H., "International House Historical Film | 1955-1957" (1955). International House Historical Film. 2.